This website, and the Trentlink Facebook group, are for skippers and crews of inland craft looking to use the tidal River Trent.
Please join the Facebook group now, and use it to ask questions, and to post your intended lock and departure date before you go, and so join up with other “Buddy” boats for the trip.
Disclaimer: All Information is given in good faith, but is used entirely at your own risk.
This website contains a number of documents to help you prepare and plan for your trip. They are accessible via the menu above:
- Introductory advice, including useful checklists
- Thoughts on anchors and associated equipment
- A detailed description of how the tides normally work
- Advice on VHF radio requirements
- Outline advice on timings, ie when you might need to set off to safely make a particular tidal transit. Please note: these times are only rough estimates, you should always talk to a lock keeper to confirm the details.
- Some videos of the river, and of the slightly tricky entrances at West Stockwith and Keadby
- Some useful links and other documents, including phone numbers of locks.
If you have any comments on the content of this site, or spot any typos, then please use the form below.